- What if the problem turned out to be easy?
- What if you woke up and the problem was solved? How would you know? What would be different?
- What lucky fluke would lead to you getting what you want?
- How would you solve the problem with arbitrary power? What are the desiderata it would satisfy if there were no tradeoffs?
- Who/What is the archetype of the thing you want? Who has a little bit more of the thing you want?
- What would someone awesome do to prepare for a serious effort at solving the problem?
- Is there a smaller/toy version of the problem you can solve for practice?
- Have you tried sharpening the problem without looking for a solution?
- Have you tried granularizing more?
- Have you tried dumping your thought cache and approaching the problem in open mode?
- Have you tried filling your attention with the problem?
- Have you tried propagating constraints from the object level?
- Give 3 examples, give 3 counter examples
- Map the idea space (negative capability)
- Run through habitual problem solving pattern slowly and see if each inference actually makes sense or truly only has one plausible next step.
- Describe vs explain (explain assumes causal model)
- Have you tried rubber ducking impressive people?
- Sensory modalities
- What would an X version of this idea look/sound/feel like?
- Loud, Soft
- Blurry, Sharp
- Distant, Close
- Slick, Rough
- Warm, Cold
- Wet, Dry
- Future, Past
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.